Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Natural Induction Please?


While T and I discussed the "perfect" timing when to have a baby be born, we realized that we didn't want our baby born too close before or after Christmas because 2010 Christmas was going to be a big year. It was the first year in 3 years that our entire family (That's including my parents, 6 brothers, myself, 4 sister in-laws, 3 nieces and 6 nephews and of course, my man.) would be together. I didn't want to miss out on the fun!

Well, of course, God really is the one in charge here. E's due date fell on December 14th 2010. Just a week before we were scheduled to take off to Utah for our family extravaganza.
As soon as I was full-term (37 weeks) I was ready to have her. But, nothing felt different. I started googling and searching for ways to "naturally induce" labor. I found the Preggo Pizza, drinking Castor Oil, eating Eggplant Parmigiana from Olive Garden, and many other ways. Actually, a nurse at the labor and delivery told me the best way to get the baby out, is, "the same way you got the baby in there". Sorry if that's too much information. You can read more about other natural ways of inducing labor here.

I even tried running up and down my stairs several times to help move things along. I think every pregnant woman gets to the point of being desperate and will do anything to get that baby out. Mind you, I tried about everything besides the castor oil!

My Mom had come out to visit December 4th to help finish the last things around the house and preparation for Emery. We were so busy getting things together. I'm so grateful she had come out. She kept me calm and reminded me that everything would happen at the right time.

I constantly prayed to God and talked to Emery telling them both how important it was for me to be there for our family's Christmas. I had talked with my doctor and she said that they wouldn't induce me until I was over a week past my due date. That put me at December 21st, the day I was suppose to drive to Utah. I sure felt the pressure of jump starting the labor. I was comfortable and happy. Had I not been on a time crunch, I could have kept Emery in there for another month!

The day before the due date I lost it. I was so emotional, I started crying. I had no idea what to do. Had it been any longer it would have made me not able to go on the family vacation. I cried and cried. I was so upset. So hurt. I felt so helpless. I had no control over it. I did everything I could to get my little angel in the world and none of it was working. T was so sweet and talked with me, calmed me. I felt better. My Mom, T and I went and ate then walked around the outdoor mall.

It was then, that I started cramping.

No comments:

Post a Comment